Monday, October 4, 2010

Looking for community

As the colder season grows closer, and the holidays are on the horizon, I really want to fulfill the pledge that I made to myself to make this year count!  I would love to work together with others to promote our items and spread some sales love. 

I have a couple ideas to accomplish this goal:
     1) Starting my own Etsy team. 
I think that the best thing about Etsy team, is that you have a go to when you have questions, or are loosing hope.  You also have a built in fan base to look at and heart your items.  Team members can be very supportive when it comes to promoting items and offering feedback.  If anyone is interested, let me know!

       2) Starting a craft group in my hood.
This would do the same general thing as the team would, but it would be more based in the real world rather than the cyber world.  By including other people into your crafty-ness, you will gain a network of go to people.  Need jewelry? Call Cheryl! Need a  set of booties for your cousin's new baby?  Call Jenn.  Need something for Mom for her birthday?  Well Pete has some pretty awesome lawn art that he makes. 

What kind of ideas do other people have?  I would love to know!

No comments: