Thursday, October 27, 2011

New books!

I have a great local library right down the street.  I pop in there weekly, and take full advantage of their website and hold system.  Any book in the Multnomah County library system can be placed on hold and delivered to your local branch.  It's brilliant and amazing.  I also take full advantage of the ability to renew a book as long as no one else is waiting for it.  

One of my most favorite and utilized books is due on Saturday.  I was so not ready to give it up, but at least one person has it on hold, and three other people have it out past the due date.  Apparently I am not the only person who loves this book.  

So I decided to give myself an early birthday present and went to Amazon.com and bought it!  And two other books!  HA!  I am really excited though.  I will be happy to own the book and be able to make the changes to the patterns with errors and not have to ever give it back.  The other two books I bought I have not seen before but they look fun.  This one in particular:
75 Butterflies, Bees, Birds & Little Beasts to Knit & Crochet

This is where I admit that I am sometimes a lazy crocheter.  Do I have a working knowledge of crochet design that allows me the ability to make nearly anything I want without a pattern?  Yes, yes I do.  But sometimes I need the inspiration of other pieces of work to spark my creative juices and do the kind of design I know I am capable of.  It's the same reason I buy Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine.  As a pescetarian, most of the recipes do not even apply to me, yet they inspire me to create my own dishes in a way that makes me purchase the magazine month after month.  It's the same reason I continue to buy crochet books.  They get my wheels turning.  I buy the crochet magazines too.  At one point I had subscriptions to 3 different magazines, and while I have never made anything from a pattern in a magazine, I HAVE made things because of a pattern in a magazine.  In my world, that rationalizes the magazines and the books and the whole lot of it.  

Oh, and The kitty is doing very very well.  Is up and about by himself, and is getting stronger everyday.

No comments: